This month we have an extra special PLAYHACK, our monthly game jam, to announce. We’ve teamed up with ARM, to bring you both a excellent new 3D Model to start your game with, but also an excellent prize.
This month the author of our favorite PLAYHACK game will walk away with a Chromebook 2, the ARM powered laptop that’s perfect for game development with PlayCanvas!
Here are the specs:
Samsung Chromebook 2 13.3”
- Samsung Exynos 5 Octa (5800)
- ARM® Mali™-T628 MP6 GPU
- ARM Cortex®-A15 MP4 and Cortex-A7 MP4 CPUs
- ARM big.LITTLE™ processing
To win this lovely bit of kit we want you to build a game, and to help you build that game ARM has supplied us with this beautiful Buggy Model.
We’ve set up the vehicle physics for you (but feel free to re-write that if you like). All you need to do is come up with an interesting idea for a game (Racing, Stunt driving, Buggy Football!) and code it up. You don’t even need to make the buggy the center of attention, as long as it’s in your scene you’re good.
Short on ideas? Check out the forum thread to join the idea discussion.
HOW TO ENTER
Entering is simple. Visit the PLAYHACK March project and click the FORK button. This creates a new project for you to build your game in. At the end of the month (Midnight on the 31st March to be precise) we’ll check all the public projects that have been forked from the original and work with ARM to select a winner.
Style points (these don’t count towards winning) will be awarded for posting updates to your Devlog throughout the project and sharing screenshots, daily builds and updates through PlayCanvas, Twitter, Facebook and anywhere else.
What are you waiting for?
Terms and Conditions
These Terms defined below apply to the PLAYHACK March Competition.
- PlayCanvas reserves the right to cancel or amend Competitions or the Terms at its sole discretion.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of PlayCanvas shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- PlayCanvas reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Terms.
- PlayCanvas does not guarantee to use any entry. PlayCanvas may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that it considers may be legally or otherwise problematic.
- By entering the Competition entrants are also confirming that they own the rights to or have permission for all work submitted and any violation of this disqualifies them from the competition.
- By entering the Competition entrants give PlayCanvas and ARM permission to use your game and details for any marketing purposes.
- The competition Start Date is March 1st, 2015.
- The competition Closing Date is March 31st, 2015.
- All Entries must be created using PlayCanvas and final games must be published and hosted on the PlayCanvas site.
- Judging will consist of playing the published primary app in the submitted project.
- The following prizes will be awarded based on the set criteria for the competition: A Samsung Chromebook 2.
- If the entry was made by a team, the person who owns the account used for submission is eligible for the prize.
- PlayCanvas and ARM employees are not eligible to enter the competition.
- All entrants under the age of 18 must have their parents’ permission before any prizes are awarded.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that an entrant can submit.
- Each game can only be entered once.
- In order to participate in the competition entries must:
- Be created using the online PlayCanvas platform and game engine.
- Be a fork of the original PLAYHACK March project.
- Include and use the Buggy 3D Model in the game.
- Have a published primary app.
- Winners will be notified by PlayCanvas on or before Friday, April 5th, 2015.
- Competition winners will be announced via the PlayCanvas website.