PLAYHACK May is upon us. (Which means the PLAYHACK April winner will be announced soon)
Why not join us and create a Space Game. Lunar Lander, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Elite, are a few of the game styles you could try out. We’re giving you 3 spaceship models and 2 asteroid models FREE to build your game with.
How does it work:
1. Fork the project
2. Build a game by the 1st June
3. Winner’s game will be featured on the site and will win a Google Cardboard.
This month’s PLAYHACK is the perfect opportunity to learn about the particle system component. We’ve added one for you, but why not create so other effects for your game. Smoke or worm-holes, for example.
Win a Google Cardboard
We’ll pick our favourite entry (make sure you have a published build for us to play) at the end of the month, and we’ll send the winner a Google Cardboard which lets you browse VR scenes just using your phone. It’s the future!
Terms and Conditions
These Terms defined below apply to the PLAYHACK May Competition.
- PlayCanvas reserves the right to cancel or amend Competitions or the Terms at its sole discretion.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of PlayCanvas shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- PlayCanvas reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Terms.
- PlayCanvas does not guarantee to use any entry. PlayCanvas may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that it considers may be legally or otherwise problematic.
- By entering the Competition entrants are also confirming that they own the rights to or have permission for all work submitted and any violation of this disqualifies them from the competition.
- By entering the Competition entrants give PlayCanvas permission to use your game and details for any marketing purposes.
- The competition Start Date is May 1st, 2015.
- The competition Closing Date is May 31st, 2015.
- All Entries must be created using PlayCanvas and final games must be published and hosted on the PlayCanvas site.
- Judging will consist of playing the published primary app in the submitted project.
- The following prizes will be awarded based on the set criteria for the competition: A Google Cardboard.
- If the entry was made by a team, the person who owns the account used for submission is eligible for the prize.
- PlayCanvas employees are not eligible to enter the competition.
- All entrants under the age of 18 must have their parents’ permission before any prizes are awarded.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that an entrant can submit.
- Each game can only be entered once.
- In order to participate in the competition entries must:
– Be created using the online PlayCanvas platform and game engine.
– Be a fork of the original PLAYHACK May project.
– Include and use the contents of the PLAYHACK May project.
– Have a published primary app.
- Winners will be notified by PlayCanvas on or before Friday, June 5th, 2015.
- Competition winners will be announced via the PlayCanvas website.