On Monday 1st of February we commence our biggest PLAYHACK yet. PLAYHACK with PlayJam is a 6 week game jam with thousands of pounds up for grabs for the best game developed using the theme and 3D assets that we provide.
How does it work?
- Fork the PLAYHACK project into your account
- Build your game using your newly forked project.
- Use the 3D assets we supply and pay attention to the theme.
- Post to your devlog about your game throughout the competition.
- The competition ends on the 11th of March. Make sure you’ve published your game by then!
- PlayJam and PlayCanvas will pick the best of the best.
- Winners will get cash prizes and the chance to be published on the PlayJam Network.
- 1st Prize - £2000
- 2nd Prize - £1000
- 3rd Prize - £500
Here’s a little teaser… think you can guess?
Terms and Conditions
These Terms defined below apply to the PLAYHACK February 2016 Competition.
- Organizers reserve the right to cancel or amend Competitions or the Terms at its sole discretion.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the Organizers shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Terms.
- The Organizers do not guarantee to use any entry. The Organizers may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that it considers may be legally or otherwise problematic.
- By entering the Competition entrants are also confirming that they own the rights to or have permission for all work submitted and any violation of this disqualifies them from the competition.
- By entering the Competition entrants give the Organizers permission to use your game and details for any marketing purposes.
- The competition Start Date is February 1st, 2016.
- The competition Closing Date is March 11st, 2016.
- All Entries must be created using PlayCanvas and final games must be published and hosted on the PlayCanvas site.
- Judging will consist of playing the published primary app in the submitted project.
- The following prizes will be awarded based on the set criteria for the competition: 1st Prize: £2000, 2nd Prize: £1000, 3rd Prize: £500.
- If the entry was made by a team, the person who owns the account used for submission is eligible for the prize.
- Employees of the Organizers are not eligible to enter the competition.
- All entrants under the age of 18 must have their parents’ permission before any prizes are awarded.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that an entrant can submit.
- Each game can only be entered once.
- In order to participate in the competition entries must:
- Be created using the online PlayCanvas platform and game engine.
- Be a fork of the original PLAYHACK February project.
- Include and use at least one the supplied model assets in the game.
- Have a published primary app.
- Winners will be notified by Organizers on or before Friday, March 18th, 2016.
- Competition winners will be announced via the PlayCanvas & PlayJam websites.