Rockets! Robots! UFOs! PLAYHACK with PlayJam starts now.
We’ve teamed up with PlayJam and our 6 week game jam starts today. Check out the assets and theme, get your thinking hats on, then go and fork the project and get started.
We’ve got three great assets for your game. Use one, two or all three in your game.
Apart from the obvious theme of Rockets! Robots! UFOs! There is a secondary theme which ties into making your game available on PlayJam’s upcoming mobile game network:
Challenge your mates
We want games that you and your friends can compete in. That could be something simple like a high score table or getting the fastest lap time or something as complicated as network multiplayer (not for the faint-hearted). What we’re looking for is for people to shout “Beat that!” after playing.
We want games that work well in mobile browsers. That means touch support, landscape or portrait design and great simple mechanics. Ideally, they’ll work on desktop too, but mobile phones are the target.
Did we mention that there are incredible prizes to win! Seriously awesome ones.
1st Prize – £2000 (~$2800)
2nd Prize – £1000 (~$1400)
3rd Prize – £500 (~$700)
Judging will start on the 12th March and we’ll only play builds that are published before that day.
How To Enter
– Fork the PLAYHACK project into your account
– Build your game using your newly forked project.
– Use the 3D assets we supply and pay attention to the theme.
– Post to your devlog about your game throughout the competition.
– The competition ends on the 11th of March. Make sure you’ve published your game by then!
– PlayJam and PlayCanvas will pick the best of the best.
– Winners will get cash prizes and the chance to be published on the PlayJam Network.
To summarize: Fork the project, build a game, publish on PlayCanvas.
So with all that out of the way. Think deep about the themes and start building that awesome game.
Go and fork the PLAYHACK project
Are you excited? Got Questions? Head over to the forum to shout about it.
Terms & Conditions
These Terms defined below apply to the PLAYHACK February 2016 Competition.
- Organizers reserve the right to cancel or amend Competitions or the Terms at its sole discretion.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the Organizers shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Terms.
- The Organizers do not guarantee to use any entry. The Organizers may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that it considers may be legally or otherwise problematic.
- By entering the Competition entrants are also confirming that they own the rights to or have permission for all work submitted and any violation of this disqualifies them from the competition.
- By entering the Competition entrants give the Organizers permission to use your game and details for any marketing purposes.
- The competition Start Date is February 1st, 2016.
- The competition Closing Date is March 11st, 2016.
- All Entries must be created using PlayCanvas and final games must be published and hosted on the PlayCanvas site.
- Judging will consist of playing the published primary app in the submitted project.
- The following prizes will be awarded based on the set criteria for the competition: 1st Prize: £2000, 2nd Prize: £1000, 3rd Prize: £500.
- If the entry was made by a team, the person who owns the account used for submission is eligible for the prize.
- Employees of the Organizers are not eligible to enter the competition.
- All entrants under the age of 18 must have their parents’ permission before any prizes are awarded.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that an entrant can submit.
- Each game can only be entered once.
- In order to participate in the competition entries must:
- Be created using the online PlayCanvas platform and game engine.
- Be a fork of the original PLAYHACK February project.
- Include and use at least one the supplied model assets in the game.
- Have a published primary app.
- Winners will be notified by Organizers on or before Friday, March 18th, 2016.
- Competition winners will be announced via the PlayCanvas & PlayJam websites.
P.S. The competition is open to anyone in the world, as long as we can get you the prizes you can enter.