Calling all Game Developers!
PlayCanvas’ first ever PLAYHACK is upon us and that can only mean a whole month’s worth of fun and some incredible game developing.
How does it work?
PLAYHACK starts today! We’ll provide you with a 3D model and your mission is to turn it into a game. The only rule: you must use the model somewhere in your game.
It works like this:
- Fork this month’s project into your account
- Use the project and it’s contents to build a new game.
- Post to your devlog about your game throughout the month
- At the end of the month we’ll look through all the projects that were forked from the original.
- We’ll pick our favorite and feature it on the front page of PlayCanvas for everyone to see.
This month you get to build your game around this uber-cool, sci-fi hover tank!
Other than incorporating the model your game can be made and presented in any way that you like, whether it be overhead or side-scrolling, shooter or adventure.
The process of judging will be as broad as the rules. You won’t be marked on the strength of code, graphics or theme, the winning game will be the project that we enjoy the most. Simple.
We will be holding things down here at HQ during the month long jam by sharing some of the best screen shots, DevLogs and general updates of your progress.
On the 1st December we will judge your projects and our favourite will be featured on the PlayCanvas front page!
Stay In The Loop
Follow us on Twitter, @playcanvas, for updates on PlayCanvas.
Like the PlayCanvas Facebook page for our whimsical views on the game dev scene.
Join and start discussions on the PlayCanvas Forum.
Get expert responses to your questions on PlayCanvas Answers.